Job TitleLaboratory Assistant
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career with MAU.MAU Workforce Solutions is an independent, family-owned company with more than 40 successful years providing staffing, recruiting and outsourcing solutions that connect qualified candidates to companies that need them. At MAU we give you the personal attention you deserve because we know it’s not just about your job – it’s about your life, your family and your future.
Laboratory Assistant,position located in Conyers, GA, for the world's largest manufacturer of tire and rubber products whose philosophy is to "Serve Society with Superior Quality". This is a long-term temporary position.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What We Are Looking For:
- Requires a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) with good math skills.
- 2 years' experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Requires the ability to perform data entry and knowledge using the Microsoft Excel program. And to plan, organize and evaluate.
- Able to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, technical procedures and procedure manuals.
- The ability to communicate effectively in writing, and verbally, with all levels of management. Including the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, equipment or controls: reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to stand, walk and sit.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Quality experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
What We Are Looking For:
- Health benefits
- Payrate: $10.50/hour
What You’ll Do - Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- This is a 12 hour/day shift during the week with occasional work on Saturday.
- Performs routine daily/weekly checks on product to verify conformity to specifications and the entering of data on a daily basis.
- Check product on a daily basis for quality.
- Gather samples on a daily basis and do quality checks and enter it in Microsoft Excel.
- Clean ex-outs as needed.
- Maintain Laboratory and work area in an orderly condition.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The indoor climate can be seasonably hot or cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: Proceeding description not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the Laboratory Assistant.