Flux Core Welder/Fitter
Job TitleFlux Core Welder/Fitter
Employment TypeContract Associate
Flux Core Welder
Start your new career as a Flux Core Welder with MAU at Pegasus Steel in Ladson, SC. Our jobs are long-term opportunities offering great growth potential with development programs for all levels of work. MAU Workforce Solutions is an independent, family-owned company with more than 40 successful years providing staffing, recruiting and outsourcing solutions that connect qualified candidates to companies that need them. At MAU we give you the personal attention you deserve because we know it’s not just about your job – it’s about your life, your family and your future.
What We Are Looking For:
Must be able to read blue prints and understant GD&T.
Minimum three years of welding experience.
Must have attention and care to prevent injury to others when performing work.
Ability to pass math and weld symbol test.
Ability to work in a team environment successfully.
Must perform tasks safely as instructed orally and in written format.
Ability to read and speak English.
Must have knowledge of the metric system.
Ability to maneuver up to 200 lbs. independently.
Ability to safely lift 50 lbs. without assistance.
Ability to read measuring taps and calipers.
Ability to work first or second shift and some overtime as required.
What You Will Do As a Flux Core Welder:
- Receives instructions, prints, and work orders for the job. Plans details of working procedure and tools and material requirements.
- Fabricates parts by cutting, burning, and welding various metals. Repairs parts by using welding techniques and appropriate welding equipment.
- Cleans and prepares surfaces to be welded. Sets up, assembles, and tacks weld parts.
- Builds up worn or defective surfaces.
- Layout and fitting per customer drawings.
- Uses burning equipment to dismantle assemblies and to cut material to size and shape.
- Keeps equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- All other duties as assigned.
What We Offer:
- Pay starting at $17.00/hr
- $20/hr pay after a 90 day period.
- $23/hr pay after a 180 day period.
- Health Benefits.
- Opportunity for full time placement after 90 day probationary period.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements of the Welder Fitter position.