Job CategoryAccounting & Finance
Job TitleACCOUNTING CLERK
Employment TypeContract Associate
Vendor Resolution clerk
Temporary AP and Vendor resolution clerk needed to support a local service and design manufacturer. This is a cross-functional opportunity to work with financial team members in accounting, purchasing and receiving. SAP software proficiency is preferred for this role. Microsoft Excel proficiency is required.
- Updates vendor accounts, customer accounts and the sales ledger.
- Post bills/invoices to accounts payable ledger.
- Monitor sub ledger accounts for accuracy with general ledger accounts.
- Audit vendor and customer accounts for correctness
- Work in SAP TCodes that pertain to purchases orders, account payables, and inventory movements
- Resolve customer claims and research discrepancies.
- Review and close vendor errors due to quantity or pricing discrepancies
- Act as a primary contact for resolution of billing discrepancies
- Retain existing business through overcoming objections, timely resolution of customer inquiries and facilitating responses in code compliance
- Sort and file documents as needed, enter data into software systems such as SAP
- 1-2 years AP experience
- Working knowledge manufacturing purchasing processes
- Must possess strong math and communications skills.
- Experience working in a demanding environment
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Must possess analytical skills and be an adept problem-solver.
- Must have strong computer and data entry skills.
- Must demonstrate strong skills in Excel.
- SAP experience is preferred.
High school degree and/or equivalent; some college preferred in business