Production Supervisor - 3rd Shift
Job TitleProduction Supervisor - 3rd Shift
Employment TypeProfessional Contract / Contract
Position is responsible for achieving departmental/area goals and objectives. Supervises production, maintenance and/or warehouse employees in operations or processes requiring semi-skilled to unskilled employees to ensure that the goals of the department and organization are achieved. The supervisor is the first- line liaison between the production employees and the management staff and thus also serves the function of representing the company's interests with the shop floor staff.
- Supervises and leads the development and execution of departmental plans to achieve objectives in safety, quality, schedule, efficiency and continuous improvement.
- Investigates, analyzes and resolves various system, part, people or process issues to correct deficiencies, reduce costs, improve processes/performance.
- Administers employee policies, practices, procedures and work rules appropriate for the unit. Monitors individual and line performance and takes corrective action including discipline, as needed and responds to complaints to insure the Company and employees adheres to policies, practices, procedures and work rules.
- Works with Safety Team in meeting company standards and enforces safety regulations to prevent and eliminate injuries.
- Plans for maintenance of equipment and facilities to maximize the uptime and utilization of capital equipment assets.
- Manages and controls costs to stay within the department operating budget targets.
- Establishes employee environment regarding communications, feedback and overall guidance.
- Ensures that assigned personnel have appropriate training, work instruction and tools to successfully do their job.
- Directs departmental continuous improvement plans and activities.
- Previous wage supervision experience required.
Normal Hours: 9pm-5:30am with OT as needed. OT will be worked on the front end of the shift
This position does not offer sponsorship. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities