Job CategorySkilled Trades
Employment TypeContract Associate
Industry leader in heavy equipment manufactturing, located in the downtown Chattanooga area is hiring experienced MIG welders. Once hired with the company employees will enjoy a benefits package including Bluecross Blueshield insurance, paid vacation and holidays, 401k plan, and disability insurance. Starting pay is $14 per hour.
Experienced MIG Welder/Fabricator.
Minimum of three years experience in MIG welding and fabrication experience
- Ability to read and build from blueprints and weld procedures
- Working knowledge of fixtures and weld set up parameters (amps, volts, ect).
- Interpret drawings, position, fit, block, clamp, and tack parts to proper positions as required
- Excellent communication skills.
- Flexible and effective Team Player
- Set-up and operate welding and other equipment utilized in the qualified weld and machining areas.
- Follow all procedures and specifications required to ensure product conformance to quality specifications.
- Effectively perform material handling activities such as lifting, moving, and using materials handling equipment when necessary. (such as: forklifts and overhead cranes).
- Comply with all safety procedures in each area assigned, including, but not limited to, wearing designated personal protective equipment.
- Comply with policies procedures, standards, and rules of the company.
In the performance of his/her respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision
- Work independently while understanding the importance of communication and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organization
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers.