Volvo Car - Paint Shop Process Engineer
Job TitleVolvo Car - Paint Shop Process Engineer
Employment TypeDirect Placement
The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo, the vision is clear: "To be the world's most progressive and desired premium car brand". We believe our global success will be driven by making life less complicated for people, while strengthening our commitment to safety, quality and the environment. We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people onboard. People with passion, energy, business sense and the drive to innovate. People that want to create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment.
Volvo was established in 1915 and later founded on April 14, 1927. Volvo employs over 29,000 highly qualified employees worldwide. The Volvo Group's mission is to become to world leader in sustainable transportation while maintaining their core values of quality, safety, and environmental care.
The Paint Shop Process Engineer will be part of Charleston, SC team, and will support new model launch and program management in the processes in the paint shop (ovens, spray booths, and ventilation).
- Factory & component (oven, spray booth, ventilation) layout development.
- Financial follow up regarding funds and asset management within the area.
- Follow up of time and technique within the area of responsibility and project.
- Follow up of end user take over routine to production & maintenance within the area.
- Coordination with other major activities within the area.
- Close cooperation with other functions within the area (Manufacturing engineering, industrial engineering, MP&L) and support running production with analysis within the area of responsibility.
- Share knowledge and experience, and offer trainings accordingly, to improve capability and competence of local engineers.(maintenance , process & production)
- Maintain good communication within the area and other parts of the organization.
- Maintain good knowledge of the process by visiting/benchmarking colleagues and competitors.
- Demonstrate personal leadership in support of company business objectives and role model the Volvo Cars Culture.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- 2-5 years of expertise in paint shop manufacturing/automotive industry
- Exceptional project management and leadership skills
- Communication, collaboration and negotiation skills with internal and external customers and stakeholders
- Willingness to travel domestically or internationally
Experience of Manufacturing Engineering processes and FT&E process
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities