Volvo Car - Plant IT Infrastructure Manager
Job TitleVolvo Car - Plant IT Infrastructure Manager
Employment TypeDirect Placement
The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo, the vision is clear: "To be the world's most progressive and desired premium car brand". We believe our global success will be driven by making life less complicated for people, while strengthening our commitment to safety, quality and the environment. We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people onboard. People with passion, energy, business sense and the drive to innovate. People that want to create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment.
Volvo was established in 1915 and later founded on April 14, 1927. Volvo employs over 29,000 highly qualified employees worldwide. The Volvo Group's mission is to become to world leader in sustainable transportation while maintaining their core values of quality, safety, and environmental care.
The IT Infrastructure Manager position is located at the Volvo Car Manufacturing facility in Charleston, South Carolina and reports to the Plant IT Manager.
The IT Infrastructure Manager is the primary contact and/or representative in operational, tactical and strategic infrastructure matters within Volvo Car Manufacturing (VCM) facility in Charleston, South Carolina site towards the Volvo Car Corporation Group IT Service Development and Operation SD&O.
Serves as the primary contact for business and internal IT customers regarding infrastructure services provided to site including infrastructure domains for Network, Hosting and End User Services.
Supports IT Services function in their development of global services for local customers within Volvo Car Manufacturing, and delivers business valued IT infrastructure services to drive globalization, growth and change, with continued quality and cost efficiency.
Specifies expectations/requirements on Infrastructure services from a local site/business perspective.
Provides managed infrastructure services within Industrial Brick area.
Provides governance for delivered IT infrastructure services within the VCM Charleston site with focus on business requirements and expectations on provided IT services.
- Serve as the primary contact for the Charleston manufacturing facility regarding IT infrastructure related issues.
- Participate/lead VCM infrastructure projects and deliver solutions.
- Governance of Infrastructure services from a site/business perspective (including ITS provided services) on local site i.e. planning, coordination, approval and follow-up on operational matters.
- Participate in or lead the site’s Local Incident Management (LIM) function.
- Participate/Collaborate with ITS:
- During requirement specifications towards suppliers (i.e. RFI, RFQ, OLA, etc.), to secure alignment with business expectations ("end to end").
- In agreement management activities, i.e. selection of external suppliers.
- To support continual optimization and consolidation of infrastructure portfolio where feasible.
- To enable lean and flexible services, matching business demands.
- Monitor quality of service and service fulfillment on IT infrastructure services for the local site.
This includes SLA follow-ups together with ITS Service Owner towards internal and external suppliers on behalf of customers. Follow-up on noticed deviations and report back to customers when needed.
- Secure that maintainable infrastructure solutions are delivered to VCM from projects/programs. This can include: representing Application Management Services (AMS) in Service Development &Operations (SD&O) steering committees, reference groups, projects etc. as SME for affected site.
- Participate in translation of Business Engagement (BE) and AMS requirements towards ITS and, balance them with their capabilities and align developed services with Service Portfolio decisions.
- Communicate information regarding service content and its performance to internal and business customers
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent experience in a relevant field
- At least 10+ years’ experience in leading the delivery of Infrastructure Services preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Broad knowledge across the spectrum of Infrastructure Services including: hosting, network, end user services
- ITIL Foundation certification is an advantage
- Leadership Skills
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Capability to build and maintain good business relationships
- Focused on delivering results based on agreed objectives
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English
- Ability to excel in a matrix organization
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities