Volvo Car - FTZ Supervisor
Job TitleVolvo Car - FTZ Supervisor
Employment TypeDirect Placement
The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo, the vision is clear: "To be the world's most progressive and desired premium car brand". We believe our global success will be driven by making life less complicated for people, while strengthening our commitment to safety, quality and the environment. We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people onboard. People with passion, energy, business sense and the drive to innovate. People that want to create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment. Volvo was established in 1915 and later founded on April 14, 1927. Volvo employs over 29,000 highly qualified employees worldwide. The Volvo Group's mission is to become to world leader in sustainable transportation while maintaining their core values of quality, safety, and environmental care.
The purpose of the role is to oversee the Foreign Trade Zone operation and supervise the activities of the FTZ function to ensure effectiveness and compliance.
- Supervise FTZ function to achieve operational effectiveness
- Manage compliance with FTZ processes:
- Importer Security Filings (ISF)
- Inbound inbond (CF7512) and permit to transfer (ePTT)
- Zone admission (e214)
- Weekly estimate (CF3461)
- Weekly entry (CF7501)
- Waste/scrap process
- Outbound inbond (CF7512)
- Inventory Accuracy
- Regulatory reporting requirements
- Work with receiving personnel to establish a container inspection process
- Work with receiving personnel to log and verify seal integrity and seal numbers
- Monitor FTZ system error messages and resolve as required.
- Manage periodic payment process to ensure timely payment of US Customs duties
- Manage the quarterly Harbor Maintenance Fee payment process
- Coordinate temporary removals with CBP (CF216)
- Coordinate vehicle destructions with CBP (CF216)
- Oversee the maintenance of part master information (classification, zone status, ADD, NHTSA, FDA, FCC, EPA)
- Secure blanket activity permits or special activity permits as required (CF216)
- Maintain list of key individuals to ensure background checks are performed
- Coordinate CBP zone audits
- Coordinate CBP document requests
- Establish and maintain a compliant recordkeeping program
- Work with zone grantee as necessary to ensure compliance with the terms of the agreement
- General oversight and compliance relative to daily zone operations
- Train coach and develop FTZ operations team
- Develop and monitor KPI’s to ensure operational effectiveness
- Coordinate with other groups as necessary to resolve issues
- Lead and develop the FTZ Operations team to maintain a highly compliant FTZ program
- The ability to communicate effectively across corporate boundaries is critical to the position.
- Daily interfaces with external vendors and international suppliers and agents require a high level of interpersonal skills.
- Must be timely and accurate in all Customs-related matters to avoid penalties and delays in clearing shipments.
- Must remain abreast of an ever-changing regulatory environment to ensure compliance by the Companies represented by the function.
- Must be able to juggle several projects simultaneously, taking initiative in raising issues, and be committed to achieving results.
- Uses both logic and intuition to reach appropriate conclusions.
- Adjusts behavior style to match the demands of the situation.
- Knows how the organization operates, and knows its place within the larger context of the industry and marketplace.
- Listens to others; respects their differences.
- Ability to interact cross-functionally and to act in a multi-cultural environment
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities