Job CategoryAccounting & Finance
Job TitleStaff Accountant
Employment TypeContract Associate
MAU Workforce Solutions is an independent, family-owned company that since 1973 has provided global staffing, recruiting and outsourcing solutions dedicated to making people’s lives better. World class companies across the globe utilize MAU’s customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions.
This position will have an active role in maintaining financial records, financial reporting, and income / expense variance analysis.
- Competitive pay
- Great work environment
- Optional Healthcare benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Care Partners Program -trained and experienced counselors who are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, nationwide
- Paid Holidays after 560 work hours, and Paid Vacation after 90 days
- 401K and FMLA available after 12 months of service
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- 2+ years of experience in month end close, preparing journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Experience in staffing industry (preferred)
- Experience in Audit accounting (preferred)
- Experience with Great Plains (preferred)
- Knowledge of Accounting/GAAP
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong organizational and time management skills to complete projects by a deadline
- Exceptional detail orientation to ensure accuracy
- Proficient analytical skills
- Strong teamwork orientations with ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Prepare monthly journal entries and input to the general ledger
- Maintain reporting systems to collect and generate relevant financial information
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year end close
- Prepare monthly and quarterly balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist in preparation of annual financial information to be provided to external auditors
- Make recommendations in data processing activities related to the accounting functions
- Develop and maintain cash forecast for use in future cash planning
- Maintain corporate credit card process and procedures and ensure they are followed
- Respond to accounting and financial questions by researching and analyzing data
All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements of the Staff Accountant job.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply