Job CategoryAdministrative & Clerical
Job TitleFinancial Analyst
Employment TypeContract Associate
Expand your professional career as a Financial Analyst with MAU at our client in Graniteville, SC. As a Financial Analyst, you will analyze data and prepare reports for company expenditures. This is a long-term contract position, with the possibility of permanent hire.
Our client provides world-class power solutions and complete life-cycle support, pioneering the power that matters. The company develops and drives cleaner and more innovative power generation solutions, providing answers to the challenges posed by the rapidly growing societal demands for energy and mobility. They deliver and service comprehensive, robust, and reliable gas and diesel systems and electrified hybrid systems, serving their customers in the marine and infrastructure sectors worldwide.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Controlling, Accounting, or Business Administration
- 3+ years of plant-controlling experience
- 7+ years of plant controlling experience will be considered in place of education
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, financial markets, and data analysis and reporting
- Proficient computer and control systems experience (Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint)
- Analytical and problem-solving expertise on complex issues
- Vital organizational, planning, and follow-up skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as an integral part of a team
- Solid verbal, written, and presentation communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with little direction
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours, particularly during month and year-end, and travel both domestically and internationally, if needed
- Knowledge of diesel products and their applications (preferred)
- SAP system knowledge (preferred)
- Prepare cost center reports and analyses of budget versus actual data for assigned cost centers
- Maintain the monthly Usage Variance Report, detailing variances in planned versus actual costs
- Review purchase requisitions for completeness and accuracy
- Maintain material master for new reman and matching parts
- Cost and remove costing blocks on engines, as needed
- Assist with month-end tasks for plant controlling accruals, running allocations, and creating journal entries
- Continually update management on progress, developments, and pending issues
- Maintain and clean and safe work environment
- Promote a compliance culture in responsibility, and live the letter and spirit of the company integrity code
- Perform special projects and other tasks as assigned by management
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology, and outsourcing to our clients, employees, and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA, since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs, and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs, and better lives to those who work with us.
All Applicants must submit to background checks and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the Financial Analyst position