Job Placement Specialist
Job CategoryAdministrative & Clerical
Job TitleJob Placement Specialist
Employment TypeContract Associate
Job Placement Specialist
MAU Workforce Solutions is an independent, family-owned company that since 1973 has provided global staffing, recruiting and outsourcing solutions dedicated to making people’s lives better. World class companies across the globe utilize MAU’s customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions.
The job placement specialist is responsible for screening candidates and matching them to open MAU orders. The job placement specialist will also schedule and conduct interviews, and assist in other pre-hire activities to ensure MAU job orders are filled with top candidates.
- Competitive pay
- Great work environment
- Optional Healthcare benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Care Partners Program -trained and experienced counselors who are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, nationwide
- Paid Holidays after 560 work hours, and Paid Vacation after 90 days
- 401K and FMLA available after 12 months of service
- Associate’s degree in Communications, Business Management, Human Resources or related field
- 1+ years of experience in customer service or a related field
- Excellent communication skills, oral or written
- Strong technical capacity
- Must be results driven and flexible with your schedule
- Ability to lift 5 -20 lbs. periodically and 50 lbs. on occasion
- Must be able to sit, stand, or walk for up to 4 hours
- Ability to climb stair multiple times a day
- Use staffing software to search and pre-screen applicants for a variety of clients to check eligibility for hire
- Develop client specific candidate pools each day, including notations, time, name, etc.
- Enforce MAU guidelines and policies on a daily basis, which can include interactions with applicants verbally explaining their eligibility for an interview
- Conduct research for applicants that have worked with a client before and maintain records
- Use staffing software to document pre-screen interview results
- Return phone calls on a regular basis answering applicant questions
- Learn and maintain knowledge of job descriptions, requirements, and client needs
- Communicate frequently with team members on results, issues, etc.
- Track candidate pool using Excel document and applicant tracking system
- Ensure applicant profiles are completed and properly processed
- Info rm job applicants of job duties, responsibilities, benefits, schedules, working conditions, promotion opportunities, etc.
- Establish and maintain relationships with hiring managers to stay abreast of current and future hiring and business needs
- Administer client specific assessments
All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements of the Job Placement Specialist job.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply