LocationNorth Charleston, SC
Job CategoryAdministrative & Clerical
Job TitleLoad Planner
Employment TypeContract Associate
Expand your professional portfolio as a Load Planner in Charleston, SC. As the Load Planner, you are responsible for managing outbound shipping processes in SAP & QTS for all tank truck & railcar orders including picking lists, deliveries, shipments, associated paperwork, timely communication and best efforts maintaining accurate SAP inventory to support all Operations Systems planning processes. This is a long-term, contract assignment.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Proficient with computer skills in Microsoft applications
- Experience with SAP and QTS@PM or Transportation Management Systems (TMS) (preferred)
- Must exhibit basic math & spreadsheet skills
- Prior logistics background (preferred)
- Must possess and apply knowledge of Load Planning transaction flow & related logistics issues
- Working knowledge of and ability to work closely with load center, global & domestic customer service reps, shippers, production planners, and trucking representatives
- SAP R3 systems knowledge (preferred)
- Must be able to:
- Written & Oral Communication
- Learn quickly & adapt to changing customer, shipping & plant needs
- Support all aspects of load planning in SAP R3 & related programs:
- Create shipments, toll processing and stock transport shipments, post goods issue (PGI), batch creation and confirmation, inventory adjustments, create bills of lading, print MSDS, record demurrage details, support label process, etc.
- Monitor & Coordinate all aspects of Export shipments from Charleston with dray carriers, freight forwarders, booking agents, customer service, Production Planners, & Shippers
- Complete & monitor EDI on railcars, ensure accurate data flow to TP&E, and follow up pending issues to support same-day PGI in SAP as well as move confirmations in QTS @PM
- Communicate vital information to load center, carriers, customer service, shipping, production planners, Charleston Planning, upper management & operators as needed to ensure timely shipments
- Track demurrage & other fees associated with shipment issues (rail & truck)
- Compile pertinent trucking/loading/shipping issues & enter notes into the shipment in SAP for future reference in the event questions, customer complaints or extra charges occur
- Confirm or deny these charges in a timely manner as needed to support company Accounts payable processes
- Provide night & weekend on-call Load Planning support as needed (responsibility shared with other LP’s)
- Could include evening shift and extended hours.
- Maintain all domestic and export bill of lading files.
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs and better lives to those who work with us.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply