Shipping & Recieving Associate
Job TitleShipping & Recieving Associate
Employment TypeContract Associate
Shipping & Receiving Associate
Start your new career as a Shipping & Receiving Associate with MAU in Atlanta, GA. Our jobs are long-term opportunities offering great growth potential with development programs for all levels of work. MAU Workforce Solutions is an independent, family-owned company with more than 40 successful years providing staffing, recruiting and outsourcing solutions that connect qualified candidates to companies that need them. At MAU we give you the personal attention you deserve because we know it’s not just about your job – it’s about your life, your family and your future.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1-3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment in one or more of the following areas:
- shipping, receiving, or shipping/receiving clerical
- Knowledge of standard shipping and receiving procedures
- Must be able to operate and maintain a Forklift certification (sit-down--required, stand-up/reach lifts--desired)
- Ability to read/comprehend written and oral instructions in English;
- Read and comprehend safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and material identifications
- Must have mathematical skills to add, subtract, multiply and divide and the ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume, and distance
- Effectively communicate in English one-on-one and in small group situations
- Ability to reason and address problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a wide variety of small hand tools, scales, hand trucks, utility knives, and computer equipment
- Experience using personal computers (Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office applications) and an ERP system, like SAP
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $15.00 per hour
- Health benefits
What You’ll Do As A Shipping & Receiving Associate:
- Receive inventoried and non-inventoried materials according to plant work instructions
- Prioritize, prepare and stage customer orders as per pick lists; load materials onto a variety of different truck types; process orders as shipped in SAP
- Pull partial pallet orders and prepare for shipment
- Maintain the Shipping & Receiving warehouse, loading docks and outside storage areas in a safe and organized fashion at all times
- Comply with all occupational safety and health practices and policies. Comply with Quality System procedures
- Perform daily forklift inspections and ensure all safety devices are in proper working order, bringing any non-conformances immediately to the attention of the Supervisor
- Use SAP to perform the following: print pick lists, BOL’s, and PO reports; process shipments; process deliveries; receive materials; look up PO’s, orders, and shipments as needed
- Use a personal computer to look up scheduled shipments on the CH Robinson website.
- Prepare and process parcel shipments using the UPS software
- Communicate with customer service, the carriers, and the offsite warehouse as needed to coordinate deliveries and shipments
- Participate in regular cycle counting and investigations for discrepancies and ensure the accuracy of inventories
- Coordinate pickup of scrap material (pallets, plastic, totes, etc.) and waste dumpsters.
- Other duties as assigned
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Shipping & Receiving Associate position.