Switch Truck Driver
Job TitleSwitch Truck Driver
Employment TypeContract Associate
Switch Truck Driver
Start your new career as a Switch Truck Driver with MAU in North Charleston, SC. As the Switch Truck Driver, you will be responsible for loading, unloading, transporting, and storing distribution materials in and between warehouse areas. This is a direct-hire position.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma
- Technical diploma (preferred)
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) experience (preferred)
- Experience driving multiple axle vehicles (preferred)
- Proficient computer skills, especially Excel
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $18.15 per hour
- Health benefits, including telehealth medical services
- Great hours
- 2nd shift, 2:30 PM – 10:30 PM
- Weekends and overtime available
- Direct-hire opportunity
What You’ll Do As A Switch Truck Driver:
- Learn RedPrairie WMS, Email, RF equipment, and powered equipment in home department
- Handle material manually with the aid of non-powered (pallet jacks, hand trucks) and/or powered equipment (walkie, reach truck, 589 transloader, counterbalance)
- Move trucks and trailers to the appropriate dock door for loading and unloading
- Operate forklift and pallet jacks as required
- Keep accurate records of truck and trailer movements, report moves as needed to appropriate personnel
- Make boxes, tapes, labels, and handles recyclable materials on a regular basis
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs and better lives to those who work with us.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Switch Truck Driver position.