LocationMount Pleasant, SC
Job TitleYard Driver
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career with MAU at South Carolina State Ports Authority in Charleston, SC. One of South Carolina’s Leading Company! As a Yard Driver you will be responsible for operating container handling equipment on Authority property to facilitate container yard, rail and/or vessel operations.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid South Carolina driver’s license is required
- Valid Commercial Drivers License (CDL) (preferred)
- Must have a TWIC card or purchase before 1st day
- Reimbursement for the TWIC card fee after 30 days of employment
- 1+ years of yard truck driving experience
- Become SCPA certified in the safe and competent operation of Yard Truck
- Required to develop working knowledge of terminal computer systems
- Ability to work in a restricted space
- Basic computer skills are required
- Customer service experience
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment as required
- Must be willing to work flexible schedule including overtime
- Schedule of work varies and may include weekends, night shifts and holidays
- Schedule of work may change with minimal notice
- Standing, walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, pushing and pulling
- Lift/carry up to 50 lbs.;
- overhead lifting may be required
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods in all weather conditions
What We Offer:
- Starting pay $17 per hour
- Health benefits including telehealth medical services
- Reward programs
- On-the-job training
- Opportunity for advancement
- Great work environment
What You’ll Do as a Yard Driver:
- Locate and handle chassis and containers as directed to facilitate safe operations
- Operate Yard Truck equipment to transport materials between loading, processing, and storage areas
- Inspect and report condition of container handling equipment
- Develop and improve operating skills in container handling equipment in production environment with little or no supervision
- Fuel equipment
- Maintain clean and safe work space
- Other duties as assigned
Who is MAU?
Our jobs are long-term opportunities offering great growth potential! MAU Workforce Solutions is an independent, family-owned company with more than 40 successful years providing staffing, recruiting and outsourcing solutions that connect qualified candidates to companies that need them. At MAU we give you the personal attention you deserve because we know it’s not just about your job – it’s about your life, your family, and your future.
All Applicants must submit to a background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements of the Yard Driver.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities encouraged to apply.