Manufacturing Engineer I
Job TitleManufacturing Engineer I
Employment TypeContract Associate
Manufacturing Engineer I
Jumpstart your career with MAU and expand your professional portfolio as a Manufacturing Engineer. As a Manufacturing Engineer I, you will plan and/or lead any changes to the assembly fastening strategy, maintaining fastening system status/structure overview (confirmations, tool locations, tool movements, TDS, and line balance activities).
Our client, a premier automotive company, is located in the upstate area of SC. This is a long term renewable contract opportunity.
- Major Medical Coverage, including dental and vision
- 401k with Employer Matching
- Term life
- Short-term disability
- Accidental loss
- Uniform allowance
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Market leading pay
- Opportunity for advancement
- Long-term assignment with opportunity for hire by client
- BS Degree in engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering preferred): OR BS degree and the equivalent of 2 years related engineering experience
- OR AS degree in Engineering and the equivalent of 2 years related engineering experience
- 1+ years of experience in an engineering environment or participation in an engineering internship (automotive process or automotive manufacturing engineering preferred)
- Plan and/or lead engineering changes and deviations for assembly
- Develop, evaluate and improve assembly process and process methods utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication process, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods and quality control standards
- Create and maintain assembly process sheets
- Analyze and plan space requirements and workflow and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency
- Confer with finance, procurement, design staff and vendors concerning product design, process tools, fixtures and equipment to ensure efficient production methods and to arrange for purchase of equipment, materials or parts
- Evaluate product according to specifications and quality standards
- Estimate production times, staffing requirements and related costs to provide information for management decisions
- Confer with management, engineering and other staff regarding assembly capabilities, production schedules and other considerations to facilitate production processes
- Apply statistical methods to estimate future assembly requirements and potential
- Lead any special projects and/or self-initiated projects for continuous improvement, structural planning and/or other series and new model related planning projects
- Provide specialized technical guidance, training, process improvement activities and support to assigned process area and production associates
- Assist with analysis on process and quality issues not solvable by production areas
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply