Job TitleForklift Operator
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as a Forklift Operator with MAU at Daye North America in Ladson, SC. As a Forklift Operator, you will load and unload goods from containers. You will also stack goods in the correct storage bays.
What We Offer:
- Great hours
- 1st shift, Mon - Fri
- Competitive pay
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma or GED (preferred, not required)
- 2+ years of experience in a warehouse setting as a forklift driver
- Forklift certification per OSHA standards
- Have a good sense of balance and good eye-hand-foot coordination
- Ability to assess weights and judge distances and heights
- Work independently with little guidance
- Execute assignments in an accurate, timely and safe manner
- Must be a team player who is flexible with the daily duties in a fast-paced team environment
What You’ll Do As A Forklift Operator:
- Operate powered industrial trucks (PITS), use standard pallet jacks, manually unload incoming product from container trucks, palletize and shrink-wrap loads, etc.
- Wear the applicable PPE, adhere to all warehouse and forklift safety rules, quality standards, procedures, and employee expectations
- Follow daily working instructions, as communicated by the team lead, supervisor, or manager
- Perform daily equipment checks (ex: change tanks, recharge battery, lubricate equipment, etc.), including COVID preventative sanitization on the forklift’s hot-spot areas (ex: steering wheel, gear shift, seat, etc.) before driving any PIT
- Load/unload materials and deliveries to move them to and from storage areas, machines and loading docks, into trucks or storage facilities
- Examine palletized load to verify conformance to quality standards and ensure that loads are secure before engaging the PIT
- Manually unload product from containers and place onto pallets
- Prepare product for shipment by placing boxes in the correct pattern on pallet, as required by the customer
- Visually inspect for quality non-conformances (ex: pallet damage, improperly placed boxes on pallet, damage to the box, etc.) and make proper adjustments before shrink-wrapping the palletized load
- Stack empty pallets or other material, as applicable
- In the shipping area place labels on pallets that are designated for shipment, as necessary
- Complete daily housekeeping tasks (ex: clean as you go and end of day routine) to ensure a clean and safe warehouse. Reference team member expectations for detailed housekeeping requirements
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs and better lives to those who work with us.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Forklift Operator position.