LocationMount Pleasant, SC
Job CategoryGeneral Labor
Job TitleGeneral Laborer
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career with MAU at South Carolina State Ports Authority in Charleston, SC. One of South Carolina’s Leading Company! As a General Laborer, you will transfer cargo with and without the use of material handling vehicles, drive automobiles in and out of railcars, prepare railcars for loading and unloading, and does related work as assigned.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have valid SC Driver’s License
- Ability to work in non-climate control environment
- Must have a TWIC card
- Ability to bend, lift heavy equipment, climb two-story rail cars
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
What We Offer:
- Starting pay $14 an hour
- Great work environment
What You’ll Do as a General Laborer:
- Assist in the loading and unloading of rail cars and trucks with or without the use of material handling equipment
- Transfers, consolidates, stores, and stacks cargo in warehouses and transit sheds in a safe and efficient manner
- Drives automobiles in and out of railcars
- Prepares railcars for safe movement and for the loading and unloading of automobiles
- Transfers cargo to and/or from pallets by hand or with material handling equipment
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs and better lives to those who work with us.
All Applicants must submit to a background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements of the Driver.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities encouraged to apply.