Volvo Cars - Human Resources Generalist
Job CategoryHuman Resources
Job TitleVolvo Cars - Human Resources Generalist
Employment TypeDirect Placement
The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo, the vision is clear: "To be the world's most progressive and desired premium car brand". We believe our global success will be driven by making life less complicated for people, while strengthening our commitment to safety, quality and the environment. We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people onboard. People with passion, energy, business sense and the drive to innovate. People that want to create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment.
Volvo was established in 1915 and later founded on April 14, 1927. Volvo employs over 29,000 highly qualified employees worldwide. The Volvo Group’s mission is to become to world leader in sustainable transportation while maintaining their core values of quality, safety, and environmental care.SUMMARY:
The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for performing HR related duties on a professional level and works closely with the Senior Human Resources Team to support both salaried and hourly employees working in the Volvo US Operations Manufacturing Facility. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: HRIS, benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment and employment law compliance.
- Input, update and ensure accuracy of employee data maintained in SAP/ADP.
- Assist with recruitment efforts for all salaried and hourly personnel (interviews/evaluations, pre-employment process).
- Coordinate the orientation and onboarding of new employees, ensuring proper documentation is completed.
- Assist with hourly timekeeping records in SAP and assist with payroll processing.
- Assist in the administration and enforcement of company policies and procedures.
- Assist with benefits administration, compensation, bonus and merit increase.
- Assist with EEO-1 annual reporting; maintain records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Support all HR related trainings, projects, events and processes as needed.
- Four year degree in Human Resources or related field.
- 3-5 years minimum HR Experience in a Generalist role.
- Experience with start-up automotive manufacturing Facilities preferred.
- Experience with mass hiring procedures.
- Experience with ADP, SAP and MS-Office applications.
- Effective problem-solving skills; positive customer service orientation and motivation; outstanding communication and interpersonal skills to work in an automotive production environment.
- PHR/SHRM –CP or SPHR/SHRM-SCP preferred.
- Ability to articulate complex issues.
- Continuously works to protect and enhance Volvo’s reputation.
- Carries out all duties and responsibilities with the utmost integrity and consistent with the highest ethical standards.
- Remains flexible and responsive to changing conditions.
- Uses both logic and intuition to reach appropriate conclusions.
- Adjusts behavior style to match the demands of the situation.
- Knows how the organization operates, and knows its place with the larger context of the industry and marketplace.
- Recognizes and responds appropriately to political and practical realities.
- Listens to others; respects their differences.
- Ability to communicate, persuade and make effective formal presentations.
- Ability to utilize a PC to communicate, track trends and retrieve relevant information.
- Must be a self-starter and inspire employees and media contacts.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities