LocationNew Milford, CT
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Start your new career as a Generalist at Cushman and Wakefield in New Milford, CT. As a Generalist, you will responsible for assisting with operation troubleshooting, diagnostics, housekeeping, and repairs on commercial buildings, industrial systems, grounds, and maintenance equipment for assigned properties/facilities. This is a direct-hire opportunity.
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $22 - $24 per hour
- Health Benefits:
- Full Coverage Medical, Dental, Vision and Supplementals available
- 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM (overtime as needed and occasional on call time)
- 401k after 1 year of service
- 4-6 weeks of paid training
- Direct-hire opportunity
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of related experience in a commercial property setting
- Technical, vocational or on-the-job training in at least one of the following areas: HVAC, electrical, mechanical, process controls, mechanical power transmissions, painting, plumbing, carpentry or engine repair
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license (commercial license may be required) and good driving record with periodic checks
- Basic Computing Skills in Outlook, Excel & Word
- Able to lift 50+ lbs.
What You’ll Do As A Generalist:
- Assist with troubleshooting and repairs of buildings and installed systems to include: packaging and handling machinery, plumbing systems, kitchen equipment, roofs, drains, shop, grounds equipment, and HVAC
- Clean, lubricate, and service a wide variety of pumps, valves, pneumatic controls, electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic devices
- Assist with installation and modification of building equipment and systems
- Replace and repair building finishes such as ceiling tiles, door hardware, wall paper, and can paint walls, piping, floors and equipment
- Possess competent knowledge of the use and care of tools and equipment used in facility and ground maintenance
- Inspect buildings, grounds, and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions, preventative maintenance, etc.
- Maintain and operate fire and life safety systems such as; Fire alarm systems, fire pumps and related fire protection system equipment as assigned
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency, and Company directives as related to building operations and practice safe work habits
- Complete all required C&W Safety Training as scheduled annually
Who is Cushman & Wakefield’s Global Occupier Services?
Cushman & Wakefield’s Global Occupier Services (GOS) professionals deliver real estate solutions to move the needle on client business strategy and goals—from reducing operational costs to making their workforce more engaged and productive.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Generalist position.