Job TitleAssembly Technician
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career with MAU at a state-of-the-art Manufacturer of Large Agricultural Equipment in Grovetown, GA. Our jobs are long-term opportunities offering great growth potential for all levels of work. Outstanding benefits for associates include:
Hourly pay range starting at $13.00+ / hr
Optional benefits available: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and life insurance
Related work experience or educational equivalent required
Ability to work a 2nd shift schedule preferred (9:00pm-5:30am Mon-Fri)
Must be able to pass a hair follicle drug screen that can test back up to 1 full year
At MAU Workforce Solutions, we staff excellent, effective people for our client partners so we can succeed together. Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia, since 1973, MAU is a family-owned minority company making lives better for applicants, clients and employees through innovative workforce solutions.
Primary Function: To perform a wide variety of semi-skilled tasks necessary to build a quality product.
Types of Machines, Tools, and Equipment Used or Operated:
- Various hand, portable, and power tools
- Material handling equipment
- Checking and measuring equipment
- Other equipment common to the job assigned
- Works individually at a production station or at an assembly station as part of a group, to perform operations on various parts according to specifications and build schedules.
- Makes own job changes and routine adjustments required for changeover and operation.
- Conducts and records performance tests, makes final adjustments and checks defects using testing equipment as required.
- Performs rework and/or repair on completed products by tear down and re-assembly, installing, replacing, reworking, fitting and adjusting parts as required.
- Identifies, unloads, unpacks, checks, stores, gathers and/or puts up orders on all types of material and supplies received from outside suppliers for delivery in the factory or for return to suppliers and utilizes equipment to perform related recording of data as required.
- Gathers, packages, assembles shipping cartons, determines shipping and packing method, weighs, labels and computes postage to prepare service parts or assemblies according to specified orders for shipment from the factory and utilizes computerized equipment to perform related recording of data as required.
- Builds and assembles shipping containers, pallets or crates and gathers and prepares parts, assemblies, supplies for materials according to specified orders for shipment from the factory and utilizes computerized equipment to record related data as required.
- Uses motorized vehicle, hoists and/or handling equipment to handle and transport material, skids, containers and racks as required, and moves loads of production parts between staging areas and/or machining work stations. May access computer to locate/store parts.
- Cleans plant floors, aisles, work, office, and rest areas; changes hoppers at production areas; transports scrap, and/or refuse materials to designated disposal areas using hand or motorized transporting or cleaning equipment.
- Lubricates, cleans and performs preventative maintenance and minor repair as necessary.
- Performs training, cross-training and the rotation of jobs, and fill-in when necessary.
- Receives general instructions from supervisor. Work is not closely supervised.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties inherent to the job.
- Observes all safety rules and regulations in the performance of job duties.