Job TitleFabrication Operator
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as a Fabrication Operator with MAU in Hampton, GA. Join the largest switch manufacturer of high voltage disconnect switches in the world. As the Fabrication Operator, you will plan and perform a variety of fabrication operations utilizing contact bender, vibrating equipment, punch press, foot shear, solder and drill press to drill, bend, shear, punch, solder and clean work pieces to fabrication drawing specifications by performing the following duties.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1+ month related experience and/or training
- Basic math skills
- Strong communication skills, oral and written
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $16.50 per hour
- Health Benefits, including telehealth medical services
- Employee Recognition Award with $250 prize
- Great hours
- 1st Shift Monday - Friday, 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM
- 2nd shift Monday - Friday, 3:00 PM - 12:00 AM
What You’ll Do As A Fabrication Operator:
- Read blueprint, work order, shop notes and tooling instructions for specifications such as hole locations and size, length of cut, bend lengths, bend angles and type of cleaning and gauging to perform
- Communicate with team leader to determine the proper method to complete the assigned job
- Vibrate contacts by placing contacts in vibrator, clamping and starting machine
- Do minor set ups on contact bender
- Bend contacts by placing part in contact bender and moving lever to operate machine
- Verify proper contact bend by referencing blueprint
- Operate punch press machines (No set up required)
- Assemble contacts by pressing rivets into parts and soldering with induction machine
- Make shunts using tape measure, foot shear, band saw, tin pot and hammer
- Grind, file and sand aluminum or steel parts to meet print specifications
- Clean weld spatter from welded assemblies
- Clean, polish and buff silver brazed parts to print specifications
- Set contacts to print specifications using gauges and hand tools
- Sand blast parts using hand held hose with foot pedal or hand lever to control the flow of sand
- Maintain equipment and working area in a clean and orderly condition
Who is MAU?
Our jobs are long-term opportunities offering great growth potential! MAU Workforce Solutions is an independent, family-owned company with more than 40 successful years providing staffing, recruiting and outsourcing solutions that connect qualified candidates to companies that need them. At MAU we give you the personal attention you deserve because we know it’s not just about your job – it’s about your life, your family, and your future.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Fabrication Operator position.