Job TitlePurchasing Agent
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as a Purchasing Agent with MAU at System Logistics in Arden, NC. As a Purchasing Agent, you will work in high volume purchasing of equipment, materials, and supplies, planning, and implementing new ways to obtain all purchases to ensure on-time delivery.
What We Offer:
- Starting pay at $20.00 - $22.00 per hour
- Great hours
- 1st shift 7 AM - 4 PM or 8 AM - 5 PM
- Health benefits, including telehealth medical services
- Rewards programs
- Opportunity for advancement
What We Are Looking For:
- 2-year Associates degree
- 1+ years of on-the-job experience
- Manufacturing organization purchasing experience (preferred)
- Proficient knowledge of SAP
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to negotiate with vendors and maintain positive relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What You’ll Do As A Purchasing Agent:
- Request and purchase equipment and supplies
- Ensure bids and invoices meet all requested specifications
- Assist in contract negotiations
- Maintain accurate vendor, contact, and pricing information
- Monitor the cost, schedule, and performance of vendors
- Coordinate purchasing with all departments to maintain inventory
- Investigate and resolve vendor invoice discrepancies
- Implement purchasing techniques to achieve cost reductions, optimal inventory levels, and improved vendor performance
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs and better lives to those who work with us.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Purchasing Agent position.