Job TitleProduction Operator
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as a Production Operator with MAU at Glatfelter in Candler, NC. As the Production Operator, you will be responsible for the daily operations of a non-woven production line ensuring a quality product, maintaining a safe environment, and achieving desired key performance measurements.
What We Offer:
- Starting pay at $18 per hour
- Great Hours
- 12 hour shifts
- Health benefits, including telehealth medical services
- Reward programs
- Opportunity for advancement
What We Are Looking For:
- High school diploma
- 2+ years manufacturing experience
- Mechanically inclined
- Great computer skills
What You’ll Do As A Production Operator:
- Inspect equipment to identify any replacements, malfunctions, and repairs. Recommend improvements
- Perform changeover process: setup the production equipment and supplies before executing the job orders. Ensure product recipe compliance
- Ensure all process parameters are set as per the recipe or within the acceptable range defined by Process to ensure a quality product
- Bring samples to the lab per defined inspection plan. Report any Quality issue with incoming raw material or finished good materials to the Team lead and to Quality
- Fill all Process and Quality records as requested. Report any changes for process parameters, any issues with equipment as needed to the Team Lead and to Process engineers
- Perform preventive maintenance per defined schedule. Operator PM’s are completed and signed-off
- Perform routine or minor maintenance of equipment. Assist to remove chokes, to replace belts and other routine maintenance. Participate in card repair such as rewiring and card set-ups
- Troubleshoot process and equipment issues using analytical trouble shooting and other tools
- Drive forklift to move various items in manufacturing area. Comply with FIFO system for raw materials
- Maintain housekeeping expectations (clean and organized). Fill housekeeping audits and reports findings
- Contribute to waste management programs
- Use JHI operating system for O&B, carding, entangling, winder and slitter operations. Ensure full traceability by scanning raw material and finished goods
- Attend all training classes that are scheduled for the operators
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs and better lives to those who work with us.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Production Operator position.