Machine Operator - Assembly
Job TitleMachine Operator - Assembly
Employment TypeContract Associate
Machine Operator - Assembly
Start your new career as a Machine Operator with MAU at GF Linamar in Fletcher, NC. As the Machine Operator, you will set up, operate, and adjust various types of conventional or automatic machines and other precision equipment. You will also inspect all finished products to maintain high quality standard.
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $16.50 - $19.50 per hour
- Shift differential
- Multiple shifts
- 1st shift, 7 AM – 7 PM
- Night Shifts, 7 PM - 7 AM
- 2-2-3 schedule
- Health Benefits, including telehealth medical services
- Training Available
- Opportunity for Advancement
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of machine operator experience
- Forklift experience (preferred)
- Experience in Manufacturing
- Understanding of all Quality process controls and documentation
- Knowledge of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics, machine ability of materials and layout techniques, using hand and power tools
What You’ll Do As A Machine Operator:
- Maintain production documents such as error check list and 5min check
- Read and interpret blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work-pieces, sequence of machining operations and set-up requirements
- Start and observe machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjust machine controls or control media as required
- Responsible for quality checks at the correct frequencies and correctly logging the information as required
- Collaborate and work within continuous improvement teams on plant projects
- All areas of productivity and reduce scrap
- Verify dimensions of machined parts or tooling for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments such as; micrometers, verniers, calipers, height gauges, optical comparators, etc.
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs and better lives to those who work with us
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Machine Operator position.