Job TitleMaterial Handler
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as a Material Handler with MAU at GF Linamar in Fletcher, NC. As the Material Handler, you will move materials to various areas inside and outside the facility using powered fork lift truck. Control material movement. Load and unload trucks or freight vehicles. Transport material between departments while ensuring proper routing of material is maintained. May be required to perform other activities including picking orders, taking inventory, shipping and receiving. Fully trained to facilitate receipt, storage and dispatch of packaged inventory.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Manufacturing and forklift experience
- Use computer-operated machinery to print delivery slips
- Receive training in first aid or safe use of forklifts
- Forklift Certified – licensed
- Crane Certified – licensed (if required)
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $16.50 per hour
- Shift differential $1 for 3rd shift and $.75 for 2nd shift
- Multiple shifts available
- Day shift, 7 AM – 7 PM
- Night shift 7 PM - 7 AM
- Overtime available
- 2-2-3 schedule
- Health Benefits, including telehealth medical services
- Training Available
- Opportunity for Advancement
What You’ll Do As A Material Handler:
- Load, unload and move products and materials by hand or using basic material handling equipment
- Perform other material handling activities such as counting, weighing, sorting, packing and unpacking
- Operate winches and other loading devices to load and unload materials onto and off trucks
- Operate a forklift a safe manner, including both loading and unloading of freight
- Perform forklift daily inspection to include the changing of battery
- Provide internal transport of die-casting parts to the proper areas
- Distribute and delivery of all empty containers from the production area to proper location
- Empty pallet cages of used sand, waste grit, cardboard packaging and other products in accordance to the regulations
- Empty scrap bins into proper containers
- May perform other activities, such as opening containers and crates, filling warehouse orders, assisting in taking inventory and weighing and checking materials
The MAU Hendersonville location holds walk-in interviews all week long from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM and from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM. Please ensure you have updated your application before coming in to interview.
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs and better lives to those who work with us.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Material Handler position.