Job TitleMachine Operator
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as a Machine Operator with MAU at Lassonde and Pappas Company in Hendersonville, NC. As the Machine Operator, you will be responsible for one production line filler and support equipment for filling product and is responsible for product quality and product safety.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma
- 6+ months experience operating production equipment
- Experience in the food/beverage industry (preferred)
- Previous manufacturing or production environment
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work overtime and weekends as needed
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $19 - $21 per hour
- Health benefits, including telehealth medical services
- Training provided
- Multiple shifts
- 1st, 6:30 AM - 2:30 PM
- 2nd, 2:00 PM – 10:30 PM
- 3rd, 10:00 PM – 6:30 AM
What You’ll Do As A Machine Operator:
- Responsible for moving juice from the run tank to the filler, keep accurate data on temperature control charts, ensure Critical Control Points are met, complete CIP/Kosher/Organic wastes from the run tank through the pasteurizer and to the fillers
- Attend the filler by operating the equipment efficiently to optimize production-line run time
- Monitor the flow of bottles from the depalletizing area, clear bottle jams and alert maintenance personnel of any mechanical malfunctions
- Retrieve bottle caps from the storage area and fills cap hopper
- Monitor and adjust speed of bottle filler to ensure proper workflow to the rest of the production line
- Perform minor adjustments on equipment to ensure smooth operation of the production line
- Complete packaging changeovers on the filler, rinser and depal by adjusting rails, swapping out change parts and adjusting the timing
- Sample product at beginning of run to ensure conformance to standards
- Retrieve product quality specifications from the "Processing Guide" as provided by the Quality Assurance Department
- Perform required quality tests to ensure that batch conforms to product quality specifications using analytical laboratory equipment. Weights sample of five bottles of product using scale
- Assist the supervisor with inventory verification for bottles, caps and product, record bottle waste, cap usage and excessive product waste on inventory control logs
- Maintain a clean work area
- Perform water and chemical washes at the pasteurizer, filler, and support tanks
- Ensure correct washes are taking place by checking processing guides and QAD schedule
- Document wash process as they are being performed on the chart records. Track formula yield
- Monitor pasteurizer and fill-tank temperature charts, product flow rates, and fill-tank levels
- Adjusts temperatures and/or product flow to ensure conformance to specifications and established standards - record reason for variations on temperature charts
- Record all product changes at change-over time on pasteurizer and fill-tank temperature charts
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
The MAU Hendersonville location holds walk-in interviews all week long from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM and from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM. Please ensure you have updated your application before coming in to interview.
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs and better lives to those who work with us.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Machine Operator position.