LocationMountain Home, NC
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as a Machinist with MAU at Kyocera in Hendersonville, NC. As a Machinist, you will set up and operate a variety of industrial machines. You will be expected to run 1-3 machines simultaneously and understand all aspects of set up and precision measuring.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma
- 1 + years CNC experience
- On-the-job training to include completion of 2-year Machine Technology certificate available
- Read mechanical drawings/blueprints including GD and T
- Vision and depth perception suitable for use of inspection microscopes
- Ability to read and comprehend verbal and written instructions in English
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure including common and decimal fractions
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Ability to either stand or walk for extended periods
- Must pass criminal background check and drug screen
- Eligible to work in an ITAR environment
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $19.75 per hour
- Great hours
- 2nd shift, 3 PM – 11 PM
- Some overtime and weekends required
- Health benefits, including telehealth medical services
- On-the-job training
What You’ll Do As A Machinist:
- Set up and observe CNC machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining; adjusts machine controls or indicators as
- Measure, mark, and/or scribe dimensions and reference points on parts. Review technique cards and customer specific work orders continuously for changes
- Select, align, and secure holding fixtures, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine controls
- Use proper procedures for editing codes or machine applications
- Documents all instances and circumstances of scrapped parts or machine issues, utilizing proper forms and pass down reports
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications and completes independent First Article Inspection reports. Read prints and inspect parts for conformance in accordance with ISO 9001
- May be trained on CMM or optical comparator. Routinely works with precision measuring tools like micrometers, calipers, and depth gauges to ensure GDT quality checks
- Report machine failures, non-conformance, spills, accidents, EHS concerns and maintenance requests immediately
- Participate in P5S initiatives; keep machinery clean and machine area clear of debris. Address spills, gauges and sensors immediately
- Perform basic preventative maintenance on machines daily
- Adhere to all safety programs including PPE and safe operating practices
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs and better lives to those who work with us.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Machinist position.