Job TitleMachine Operator
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as a Machine Operator with MAU at IMC Metals America in Shelby, NC. As the Machine Operator, you will operate a hydraulic Bricker unit continuously all shift, which consist of manual loading.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Machine operating experience
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Ability to work in loud, humid areas of the plant during an 8- or 12-hour shift
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and work procedures
- Ability to write production quotas and downtime hours
- Basic math including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fraction, and percentages
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Must be able to work 3rd shift and overtime
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must wear required personal protective equipment
- Frequently exposed to molten metal and equipment, moving mechanical parts, and places requiring balance
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $13 per hour
- Training experience
- Health Benefits
- Reward programs
- Opportunity for advancement
What You’ll Do As A Machine Operator:
- Operate unit in a safe manner, care for equipment, and work area include cleanliness and orderliness
- Complete daily paperwork for pounds produced and quality checks
- Sort material to ensure that each brick is free of contaminants
- Keep up all tooling needed to perform the job
- Weigh material including:
- Copper bricks, tin bricks, bells of copper, etc.
- Operate controls, lift truck, and crane
- Cut wire to length
- Lift and stack bricks that weight up 50 lbs. on a consistent basis
- Perform quality checks on a routine basis
- Assist with casting as need
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Machine Operator position.