Job TitleForklift Operator
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as a Forklift Operator at MAU with AFL Telecommunications in Duncan, SC. Join the team that has been providing industry-leading products and services to the electric utility, broadband, communications, OEM, enterprise, wireless and transit rail markets as well as the emerging markets of oil and gas, mining, nuclear, avionics, medical, renewable and intelligent grid since 1984.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma
- 1 year of related experience on propane forklift
- Leadership experience or qualities in a manufacturing or warehouse environment (preferred)
- Excellent computer skills
- Proficient attention to detail and with error free results
- Strong communication skills, oral and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be able to demonstrate professional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to push, pull, bend, stand and walk for up to 8 hours
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work weekends and overtime as needed
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $17.24 per hour
- Rotating schedule
- Third Shift, 7 PM - 7 AM
- Training Hours, M - F 8 AM - 5 PM then rotation schedule from 7 AM - 7 PM
- Health Benefits, including telehealth medical services
- Opportunity for advancement
What You’ll Do As A Forklift Operator:
- Handle and transport of materials
- Store in the appropriate locations by use of hand-held scanners and manual data entry
- Safe handle and transport of high value, oversized manufactured products using mobile equipment
- Fiber put-up to appropriate inventory locations by use of hand-held scanners and manual data entry
- Support of raw material cycle counts
- Interaction with multiple organization levels as needed to support warehouse and manufacturing needs
- Support of incoming/outgoing WOP and WIP goods
- Cross functional responsibilities to include:
- Receiving/inventory control and/or shipping to support the Warehouse/Logistics needs
- Support of raw material supply/demand planning
- Keep production lines supplied with material such as compounds, fiber and other materials using a sit-down forklift
- Receive calls from operators by use of radio for communication
- Check emails daily
- Work off a daily to do check list
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs and better lives to those who work with us.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Forklift Operator position.