Job TitleMechanical Assembler
Employment TypeContract Associate
MAU is seeking Mechanical Assemblers to join a well-established company in the Upstate! General Electric has transformed itself into the world leader in power generation manufacturing. GE Gas Power manufactures cleaner, attainable energy everywhere. GE’s technologies produce a third of the world’s electricity. As a Mechanical Assembler, you will troubleshoot and correct problems with wiring connections and perform hand-machining operations as required.
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $18 per hour. $1 shift differential on 2nd or 3rd shift.
- 8 hour shifts Monday - Friday
- Holiday pay after 6 months
- Health Benefits, including telehealth medical services
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ years of manufacturing/mechanical experience using electrical and pneumatic hand tools
- Must possess skills to successfully interpret and execute production using drawings, blue prints, planning, and general methods
- Demonstrate working knowledge of computer systems
- Mechanical aptitude
What You’ll Do As A Mechanical Assembler:
- Assemble piping systems and other components for gas turbine units in a manufacturing facility
- Perform hand-machining operations as required
- Make necessary alignment and adjustment, maintain and record required Quality Control data
- Position, construct, adjust, fit components, fabricate conduit/ tubing accessories
- Assemble/disassemble testing equipment and other required components
- Wire gas turbine units and controls
- Troubleshoot and correct problems with wiring connections
- Operate various types of equipment including:
- Assembly stands
- Hand and power tools
- Miscellaneous pneumatic and electric powered wrenches
- Standard and special mechanical measuring devices
- Standard and special lifting fixtures and devices
- Manual and hydraulic conduit and tubing benders
- Interpret drawings, material lists, wiring lists, diagrams, schematics, planning and methods specifications, and related shop documents
- Lift sub-components and utilize jib, floor crane, hoists, position components and sub-assemblies, bolting, and torqueing to required arrangement and specifications
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs and better lives to those who work with us.
The MAU Greenville location holds walk-in interviews all week long from 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM and from 1 PM to 4 PM. Please ensure you have updated your application before coming in to interview.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Mechanical Assembler.