LocationJohns Island, SC
Job TitleWater Technician
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Start your new career as a Water Technician with MAU at St. John’s Water Company in John’s Island, SC. As the Water Technician, you will install, read, service, turn on and off, and remove water meters as directed. You will also maintain water lines, valves, fire hydrants and pumping stations.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of water quality regulations
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $15 - $30 per hour
- Health benefits including telehealth medical services
- Great hours
- 1st Shift
- Opportunity for advancement
What You’ll Do As A Water Technician:
- Install, read, service, turn on and off, and remove water meters as directed
- Complete work orders relating to water service
- Maintain water lines, valves, fire hydrants and pumping stations
- Complete water lines locates
- Maintain records for valves, hydrants, and at the pumping stations, as assigned
- Perform construction and maintenance on water lines
- Ensure the excavation work area is set up with safety signs, cones, and protective systems as required
- Cut grass at pumping stations and trimming around fire hydrants
- Install new customer water taps and services
- Repair leaks on water lines, valves, and hydrants
- Maintain vehicles, equipment, tools, and work area
- Perform after hour emergency water repairs
- Perform other duties as assigned
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs and better lives to those who work with us.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Water Technician position.