Job TitleLayup Operator
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as a Layup Operator with MAU at TIGHITCO in Ladson, SC. As a Layup Operator, you will build composite parts using appropriate hand layup techniques and utilize laser system for accurate lay up of plies on tools during layup process.
TIGHITCO is an industry leading provider of composite and insulation products, backed by support that consistently exceeds customer expectations, and is ISO 9001, AS3100, and NADCAP accredited. Join our group of talented and committed associates and help grow our company and ensure its future success in Aerostructures, Insulation Products, and Overhaul Support Services.
What We Offer:
- $16.00 - $18.00 per hour
- 1st shift, 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM
- Overtime and weekends
- Health benefits, including telehealth medical services
- Opportunity for advancement
What We Are Looking For:
- High school diploma or GED
- Assembly and production experience
- Aerospace and manufacturing experience (preferred)
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and drawings
- Ability to lift over 50 pounds
What You’ll Do As A Layup Operator:
- Build composite parts using appropriate hand layup techniques
- Utilize the laser system for accurate lay up of plies on tools during the layup process
- Fit and smooth successive layers of materials as necessary to secure a build-up free from wrinkles, air pockets and voids, following directions and instructions
- Vacuum bag parts for room temperature, oven, and autoclave
- Perform in-process inspections as instructed on travelers and as delegated by quality
- Read precision measuring tools and instruments
- Accurately record time worked on operations through Epicor
- Inspect for F.O.D. prior to bagging Vacuum bag parts and leak test bags
- Provide supervision with material shelf-life expiration
- Responsible for the accurate recording of all paperwork associated with the position
- Mark identifying information on parts
- Clean and prep bond tools, as needed
- Unbag and demold parts as needed, cleaning up after performing tasks
- Observe safety and security procedures
- Report potentially unsafe conditions
- Adapt to changes in the work environment
- Manage competing demands
- Change approach or method to best fit the situation
- Adapt to frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events
- All other duties as assigned
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees, and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs, and better lives to those who work with us.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Layup Operator position.