Part-Time Port Assistant
LocationMount Pleasant, SC
Job TitlePart-Time Port Assistant
Employment TypeContract Associate
Part-Time Port Assistant
Start your new career as a Part-Time Port Assistant with MAU at the South Carolina State Ports Authority in Mount Pleasant, SC. As a Part-Time Port Assistant, you will be the first person people see when they come to the port to start their cruise vacations. You will be responsible for helping direct them through parking and entering the facilities while facilitating teamwork and helping keep the area look nice. The ideal candidate will be upbeat, outgoing and enthusiastic. Join the team that promotes, develops and facilitates waterborne commerce for the benefit of the businesses and citizens of South Carolina.
What We Offer:
- $14 per hour
- $15/hr after 10 cruises worked
- $16/hr after 20 cruises worked
- Health benefits, including telehealth medical services
- Various shifts
- Start as early as 6:00 AM, 8:30 AM, or 9:30 AM
- 2 days a week
- On-the-job training
- Opportunity for advancement
- TWIC card reimbursement after 30 days
- $500 bonus after working 50 cruises
What We Are Looking For:
- High school diploma or GED
- Must have a TWIC card
- Strong customer service skills
- Outstanding upbeat personality
- Ability to work weekends
- Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand/walk for up to 8 hours
- Must be able to work in a non-climate controlled environment
What You’ll Do As A Part-Time Port Assistant:
- Safely direct cruise passengers to and from the various cruise parking areas
- Collect parking payment in the form of credit card, check, cash or prepay stub
- Check cruise passengers’ IDs and verify that they are scheduled to cruise on that day
- Shuttle passengers around the cruise facility as needed
- Run various errands for supervisor within the cruise operation area
- Distribute lunches to employees throughout the cruise terminal
- Count and record the number of cars parked in the parking area
- Distribute cruise signs and coolers of water throughout the cruise terminal
- Empty trash cans with assistance
- Organize and supervise tax operations in one of the lots
- Monitor passenger terminal doors to ensure compliancy with the Coast Guard, Customs and Border Patrol, and Port Police regulations
- Only allow authorized personnel to enter or exit various doors within the passenger terminal
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs and better lives to those who work with us.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Part-Time Port Assistant position.