Job TitleSupport Operator
Employment TypeContract Associate
Support Operator - Milliken Cushman
Start your career as a Support Operator with MAU at Milliken Cushman in Williamston, SC. This entry-level opportunity has great growth potential with the opportunity to transition from a temporary position to a direct-hire after 90 days of employment. Join our team today and start earning $11.23/hour! At MAU we give you the personal attention you deserve because we know it’s not just about your job – it’s about your life, your family and your future.
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Previous manufacturing experience
- Excellent teamwork orientation
- Basic math and mechanical skills
- Proficient communication skills, oral and written in English
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and high-pressure situations
- Proactive, self-motivated, and strong ability to multitask
- Ability to work in a non-climate controlled environment
- Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy
- Ability to work in a non-climate controlled environment (hot/cold)
- Ability to stand for 10 to 12 hours
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $11.23 per hour
- Health benefits
- Opportunity for advancement
- Rotating 10-12/hour shifts
What You’ll Do As A Support Operator:
- This skill requires the creeling of raw material, doffing finished goods, transport of finished goods, printing doff labels and tubes of which they load empty tubes into the texturing machine
- Creel raw yarn packages consist of the lifting and positioning 30-40 pound packages of yarn into the creel
- Operator is trained and instructed to use the creel assist which absorbs the weight of the yarn
- Doff finished goods consists of removing 15-20 pound packages of yarn from the machine once the yarn specification time requirement has been reached
- A third of this lifting takes place above shoulder height
- Transport finished goods consists of pushing 24-36 packages of finished yarn (weighing 15-20 pounds each) on transport trucks that have a tare weight of 280-300 pounds (for a combined weight of 350- 600 pounds) over distances of 150 feet or more
- Print tubes consist of loading cardboard tubes onto the laser printer, setting up computer with correct lot number to be printed onto the tube, remove printed tube and place into the bin to be taken to the correct machine
- Operator will then place empty tubes onto running position
- General housekeeping such as sweeping, picking up debris, wiping surfaces, etc. is a requirement of the job to maintain high standards of industrial hygiene
For 150 years, Milliken has been innovating with the purpose to explore, discover and create ways to enhance people’s lives. With expertise across a breadth of disciplines, including specialty chemical, floor covering and performance materials, Milliken works around the world every day to add true value to people’s lives, improve health and safety, and help make this world more sustainable.
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Support Operator position.