Job CategoryMachine Operator
Job TitleCNC Machinist
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as a CNC Machinist with MAU at General Electrics in Greenville, SC for your initial MAU assignment. Join the team that has transformed itself into the world leader in power generation manufacturing. As a CNC Machinist, you will set up and operate of a variety of metalworking equipment.
What We Offer:
- Starting pay of $20 to $22 per hour
- Multiple shift
- 1st shift
- 2nd shift
- 3rd shift
Holiday pay after 6 months
Health Benefits, including telehealth medical services
- Opportunity for overtime
What We Are Looking For:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ years of general machine shop experience in set-up and operation of a variety of manual and CNC machines - mills, drills, grinders, broaches, turret lathes, horizontal bore, EDM, engine lathes, etc.
- Or graduate of any recognized machinist or tool maker course
- Experience or training utilizing a combination of blue prints and work instructions to produce machine parts
- Availability for either 1st shift, 2nd shift, or 3rd shift
- Experience in manufacturing environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., with or without accommodation
- Availability for overtime and occasional weekend shifts
What You’ll Do As A CNC Machinist:
- Set up and operate:
- A variety of metalworking equipment
- A variety of production equipment and tooling in a gas turbine manufacturing facility
- Use of a variety of measuring devices - ID and OD micrometers, calipers, Coordinate Measuring Machines, etc.
- Manual and CNC machines - Mills, drills, grinders, broaches, turret lathes, horizontal bore, EDM, engine lathes, balance machines, etc.
- Various material-moving equipment - forklifts, jib/gantry cranes, etc.
- Use a variety of associated shop equipment and tooling
- Perform other assigned duties as required
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs and better lives to those who work with us.
The MAU Greenville branch holds walk-in interviews on Mondays from 9 - 11 AM and 2 - 4 PM. Please either complete or update your application before coming in to interview.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the CNC Machinist position.