Electrical and Instrumentation Technician
Job TitleElectrical and Instrumentation Technician
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Electrical and Instrumentation Technician
Expand your professional portfolio as an Electrical and Instrumentation Technician with Prayon in Augusta, GA. As the Electrical and Instrumentation Technician, you will maintain, troubleshoot, install, repair, and services electrical, instrumentation, mechanical equipment, and systems of industrial manufacturing plant. This is a direct-hire opportunity.
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Health Benefits
- Opportunity for advancement
- Direct-hire opportunity
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Completion of a journeyman program or industrial certification (preferred)
- A.S. or B.S. Degree in a related electronic field (preferred)
- 2+ years of work experience as an, E/I Technician, Electro Mechanical Technician OR related experience in an industrial environment
- Experience with interpretation of technical drawings and information, automated work order system (SAP) and general PLC ladder logic
- Experience providing support for electrical and instrumentation maintenance, PLCs (Allen Bradley, smart transmitters; troubleshooting of ladder logic programming; and operating mobile equipment (manlift, forklift, etc.) (preferred)
- Possess in-depth mechanical knowledge, skills and abilities
- Related experience in a chemical food grade manufacturing environment (preferred)
- Understands and committed to following GMP and food safety standards
- Possess advanced mechanical skills and abilities (preferred)
- Operate instrument and electrical tools and equipment as required to trouble shoot, fabricate, replace and/or repair industrial parts and equipment per demonstrated skill level competency
- Operate mechanical tools and equipment as required to fabricate, replace and/or repair industrial parts and equipment per demonstrated skill level competency
- Rebuild, replacement in kind and alignment of rotating equipment per site standards to maintain reliability and cost goals
- Operate mobile equipment
- Qualified Electrical Low voltage troubleshooting
- Troubleshoot instrument, electrical and mechanical problems and performs root cause analysis in partnership with operations and Engineering to solve routine and non-routine problems
- Implement proven counter measures and systemic improvements to eliminate recurring problems
- Ensure operation of machinery and equipment by developing and completing preventive maintenance requirements, interpreting technical drawings or diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, manufacturer’s instruction, engineering specifications and plant equipment component standards
- Maintain and develop Preventative and Predictive Maintenance Standards and practices
- Test, calibrate, and troubleshoot digital and pneumatic controls and plant instruments such as flow pressure, temperature, mass, PH level and density utilizing AMS software
- Document work performed in the maintenance-computerized database (SAP and AMS) in order to build equipment history by creating, retrieving and closing work orders
- Review equipment repair history for PM/PD creation or changes to current practices
- Improve site and equipment technical database through SAP PM standards and site technical documentation improvements including documenting work completion in SAP as well as supporting documentation
- Deliver red-lined drawings (as builts) to appropriate person when discrepancies are identified between a drawing and actual plant conditions
- Attend and participate in required training; trains others in areas of proficiency or expertise.
- Other duties as assigned
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply