Job TitleMechatronics Technician
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Jumpstart your career at Mercedes-Benz Vans in Charleston, SC, and expand your professional portfolio. As the Mechatronics Technician you will be responsible for maintaining production equipment to ensure that Mercedes-Benz Vans meets daily production requirements.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 4+ years relevant experience
- OR Relevant certificate + 3 years relevant experience
- OR Relevant associates degree + 1 year relevant experience
- 5+ years relevant experience
- OR Relevant certificate + 4 years relevant experience
- OR Relevant assoc. degree + 2 years relevant experience
- Indirectly relevant experience: experience working with automation equipment, mechanical repairs, working toward a related degree or certification
- Knowledge of industrial AC/DC electricity [24V – 480V], mechanical, hydraulics, and/or pneumatics required
- Experience changing out bearing and motors preferred
- Basic computer skills required (i.e. Microsoft Office, email)
- PLC/BUS system education and/or experience strongly preferred
- Robotics (Kuka, Durr) experience strongly preferred
- Oven and paint booth supply air maintenance experience preferred (i.e. Maxon Gas Train)
- Pumping system maintenance experience preferred
- Conveyor system maintenance experience preferred
- Strong communications skills (listening, speaking, writing)
- Ability to work 3rd shift
- Repair work including necessary disassembly and re-assembly of production equipment
- Keep repair and maintenance records
- Perform equipment PM tasks to ensure we maintain manufacturer recommended specifications
- Ability to properly size circuit conductors, circuit protector devices, ability to run conduit if needed, install electrical equipment, wire and unwire equipment as needed
- Must understand how to use VOM and other testing related equipment to identify electrical problems
- Identify and investigate errors and malfunctions as they relate to the items below:
- Intermittent/inconsistent electrical and mechanical failures on production equipment
- PLC’s, 24v control circuits, 480v 3phase systems, 4-20ma circuits, VFD’s, PC controllers, and fieldbus technology/control technology
- Complex mechanical components such as pumps, motors, bearings, etc.
- Execute modernizations, extensions, and modifications according to specifications and/or sketches of electrical drawings
- If necessary, adjust PLC programming and utilize PLC to troubleshoot issues. Independently construct or design equipment with use of PLC, BUS-Systems, Network Technology, Mechanical Components, Hydraulic and Pneumatic Systems and Cooling/Lubrication Systems ? Perform daily equipment checks
- Improve resources and installations (idea generation and planning)
- Change processes
- Change process parameters
- Change hardware
- Modify software (PLC, PC, etc.)
- Perform cycle time analysis and optimize as needed
- Support associates within assigned production areas
- Obtain operative materials, equipment and service providers
- Travel and/or overtime may be required
Please send resumes to: email@example.com
Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC ("MBV") is a plant in Ladson, South Carolina that assembles Sprinter vans for the U.S. market under the brands Mercedes-Benz and Freightliner. The midsize Metris van was added to the assembly line in 2015.
From passenger cars to commercial vans, the Mercedes-Benz brand stands as one of the Daimler Group’s many success stories. The Daimler Group consists of several companies with more than 280,000 employees worldwide who put into practice the core values of Passion, Respect, Integrity and Discipline each day. We believe it is our mission and our duty to shape the future of mobility in a safe and sustainable manner - with trendsetting technologies, outstanding products and made-to-measure services.
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply