LocationNorth Charleston, SC
Job TitleFleet Mechanic
Employment TypeContract Associate
Start your new career as a Fleet Mechanic with MAU at Marine Repair Services in North Charleston, SC. As a Fleet Mechanic, you will be responsible for performing timely maintenance and repair services according to the highest industry standards.
For over 48 years, Marine Repair Services/Container Maintenance Corporation/Intermodal Compliance Services has brought customer service, safety, and family core values to the intermodal industry. MRS/CMC provides an array of customer programs, including Depot Services, Equipment Sales, Trucking, Refrigerated Services, and Maintenance and Repair, with the nation’s largest M&R footprint. Marine Repair Services/Container Maintenance Corporation/Intermodal Compliance Services is heavily invested in both the Marine and Rail sectors.
What We Offer:
- $20.00 - $25.00 per hour
- 1st shift, Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Health benefits, including telehealth medical services
- Dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- 401k, including company matching
- Opportunity for advancement
- Referral bonuses
What We Are Looking For:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years of experience in a relevant mechanical position (3+ years preferred)
- Valid driver’s license
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Basic computer skills (preferred)
- Experience performing general automotive mechanical work, including engine oil and filter changes, engine tune-ups, general engine diagnostic repairs and maintenance, wheel and brake system maintenance, general suspension lubrication and parts replacement, and general automotive electrical diagnostics and maintenance
- Ability to perform tasks that require lifting up to 50 pounds, bending, kneeling, working outdoors or in a garage environment (varying weather conditions), crouching, and stooping
What You’ll Do As A Fleet Mechanic:
- Perform small general automotive mechanical work
- Oil and filter changes
- Engine diagnostic repairs and maintenance
- Suspension lubrication and parts replacement
- Electrical diagnostics and maintenance
- Perform hydraulics and diesel engine maintenance
- Ensure all fleet vehicles are operational per company standards
- Perform routine maintenance
- Make repairs, as needed, to company fleet vehicles
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology, and outsourcing to our clients, employees, and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA, since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs, and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs, and better lives to those who work with us.
All Applicants must submit to background checks and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Fleet Mechanic position.