Certified Medical Assistant
Job TitleCertified Medical Assistant
Employment TypeContract Associate
Certified Medical Assistant
Start your new career as a Certified Medical Assistant with MAU’s client in Augusta, GA. As a Certified Medical Assistant, you will respond to patient needs such as ensuring medications are refilled, scheduling appointments, obtaining records from other providers and performing monthly telephonic wellness assessments as support for the Wellness Team. This is a short-term assignment, lasting 5-6 weeks.
What We Offer:
- $16.50 per hour
- Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Health benefits, including telehealth medical services
- On-the-job training
What We Are Looking For:
- High school diploma
- Active Medical Assistant Certification
- 2+ years of experience in a physician’s office, hospital, or similar setting
- Experience with a variety of clinical systems, and the ability to quickly master new IT systems (EMR programs)
- Excellent customer service, data entry, verbal/written communication, and Microsoft Office applications skills
- Adaptability to work with various disciplines in multiple locations (i.e., medical center, physician’s office, other medical facilities)
- Bilingual/Spanish speaking (highly desired)
What You’ll Do as a Certified Medical Assistant:
- Make outbound calls to assign patients
- Provide patient education and care coordination
- Answer incoming calls and direct them to appropriate personnel
- Understand the Medicare Benefit for Chronic Care Management (CCM), and the Transitional Care Management (TCM), and articulate the benefits of each program and their impact to the customer/patient, and how the programs will affect their continued wellness plan
- Enter all information accurately and promptly into the electronic comprehensive care plan according to company processes and procedures
- Collaborate with physician’s office staff, and be an integral part of their team when assigned to their facility
- Follow all privacy policies and maintain the confidentiality of protected healthcare information (PHI) and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Provide general office support
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs and better lives to those who work with us.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Certified Medical Assistant position.