Certified Patrol Officer
LocationMount Pleasant, SC
Job TitleCertified Patrol Officer
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Certified Patrol Officer
Join our team at South Carolina Ports Authority (SCPA) as a Certified Patrol Officer and meet the world! Named one of the Best Places to Work in South Carolina in 2019 and 2020, the SCPA operates oceanside and inland terminals throughout the state with facilities in Charleston, Dillon, Georgetown, Greer, and a sixth facility - the Hugh K. Leatherman, Sr. Terminal with plans to open in 2021. As an economic development engine for the state, Port operations facilitate 187,200 statewide jobs and generate nearly $53 billion annual economic activity.
As the Certified Patrol Officer, you willprovide physical security for SCPA facilities; protect persons and property; preserve peace; maintain order, prevent fires, pilferage, vandalism, and other crimes; fully understand and courteously enforce the required security measures of the approved Facility Security Plan (FSP), the South Carolina Ports Authority and enforce the laws of the State of South Carolina. Assignment to any SCPA facility with varying shifts.
- Starting pay of $23 per hour
- Direct-Hire Opportunity
- Health Benefits
- 24/7 availability
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Must be a certified officer through the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy (SCCJA) and in good standing and must maintain required standards of proficiency annually
- Valid South Carolina driver’s license
- Must have a flexible schedule
- Basic computer skills
- Schedule of work varies and may include weekend, night shifts and holidays
- Schedule of work may change with minimal notice
- Physical Requirements:
- May be required to stand for long periods of time; must be able to exert physical strength and stamina required to affect arrests or perform police functions, to include: defensive tactics, lifting weights over 50 pounds, bending and stooping. Officers must be able to continually meet the following physical standards:
- Run/Walk 1 mile in 15 minutes or less
- Complete 15 pushups in 1 minute
- Complete 15 sits ups in 1 minute
- Drag 150 pounds the distance of 25 feet
- In accordance with (IAW) 33 CFR: have knowledge through training and show proficiency with security measures outlined in 105.210.
- Conduct patrols of facilities IAW requirements of the approved FSP
- Ensure patrols are documented as required, report any issues or concerns to the Duty Supervisor
- Assist with access control measures at entry points IAW approved FSP
- Assist with traffic control to facilitate the flow of commerce
- Enforce the laws of the State of S.C. and enforce the security requirements of the approved FSP IAW 33 CFR 105 for facilities
- Conduct screenings as required in the FSP to detect and deter dangerous substances and devices
- Ensure that unauthorized persons do not gain access to facilities
- Enforce the Transportation Worker Identification Card standards
- Enforce all parking regulations, issues citations when necessary
- Conduct required maintenance and inspections of assigned equipment and SPA equipment, including weapons and vehicles
- Complete required documentation IAW 33CFR 105.250.
- Fill in as directed on any post assignment on any facility
- Attend and participate in department training
- Assist berthing with docking and sailing vessels, complete required paperwork
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs and better lives to those who work with us.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply