Lead Technical Accountant
Job TitleLead Technical Accountant
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Lead Technical Accountant
Expand your professional portfolio as a Lead Technical Accountant in Atlanta, GA. As the Lead Technical Accountant, you will conduct accounting research and provide technical accounting support to cross-functional team members in a timely manner You will advise relevant stakeholders on technical accounting issues. This is a direct-hire opportunity.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Certified Public Accountant
- Public accounting or related experience
- Technical knowledge and thorough understanding of GAAP
- Experience researching and preparing accounting analyses for complex transactions
- Excellent analytical, organizational, problem-solving, communication and collaboration skills
- Advise internal stakeholders on appropriate GAAP treatment for complex transactions, including areas such as revenue recognition, lead accounting, derivatives and financial instruments, consolidation, and other related accounting matters
- Lead the preparation of accounting memorandums and other related documentation to support accounting positions for the company’s files and for external audit support
- Lead the preparation of the company’s year-end audited financial statements, including drafting footnote disclosures, completing required checklists, and preparing financial statement tie-out schedules
- Lead the adoption and implementation of new accounting standards, including preparation of applicable impact assessments and audit support documentation
- Serve as a subject matter expert with respect to GAAP in assisting teams navigate change management requirements resulting from new accounting standards or changing in accounting policy
- Partner with relevant internal and external stakeholders to ensure appropriate accounting for the company’s hedging and derivative instruments
- Lead the supervision of third part vendors when required to support ongoing technical research activities, including budget oversight and day-to-day project management activities
- Assist with the preparation and oversight of the company counting policies
- Contribute to the company’s internal controls and assurance activities, including assisting with the preparation of internal controls documentation and remediation of internal controls gaps, as defined
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply