Job TitleCost Accountant
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Expand your professional portfolio as a Cost Accountant with our client in Newnan, GA. As the Cost Accountant, you will plan, develop, implement, maintain, and continuously improve the cost accounting and standard cost functions of the client. This is a direct-hire position.
- Degree in Accounting
- 3+ years accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with personal computer and MS Office programs
- Prefer experience with an SAP Computer System
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great phone etiquette
- Calculate, maintain and control standard price in SAP
- Perform audit of pricing and freight calculations on a periodic basis
- Calculate and maintain budget and actual rates for production costs (direct labor, machine time, indirect labor, depreciation, etc.)
- Calculate full cost by product to be used in customer pricing decisions and monthly gross margin reporting
- Support management as directed with various make/buy decisions
- Lead the annual budget process. Budget includes gathering information from department managers, calculating material cost, and summarizing financial information
- Audit and review fixed assets – asset descriptions, asset lives, etc.
- Prepare monthly inventory information for group reporting
- Periodic review department costs to determine areas/activities for potential cost savings
- Serve as an ISO internal auditor
- Special projects as assigned
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs and better lives to those who work with us.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply