LocationNew Bedford, MA
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Expand your professional career as a Buyer with Atkore in New Bedford, MA. As a Buyer, you will interface heavily with external suppliers, internal manufacturing, engineering, and sales team members to improve inventory performance, cost, delivery, quality, and lead time. This is a direct hire opportunity.
Atkore is forging a future where their employees, customers, suppliers, shareholders, and communities are building better together – a future focused on serving the customer and powering and protecting the world. With a global network of manufacturing and distribution facilities worldwide, their company is a leading provider of electrical, safety, and infrastructure solutions.
- BA in a Business-related field of study
- 1+ years of procurement experience
- Procurement/Supply Chain negotiation experience in an industrial environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office systems and general purchasing software solutions
- Experience with JDE/Oracle (preferred)
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Experience with inventory control programs
- Practical skills within a Lean manufacturing environment (desirable)
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in time and project management
- Ability to work in a time environment and as an individual contributor, supporting and driving company values and initiatives
- Perform cost and supply analyses and develop optimized purchasing plans, as required
- Assist in the development of new domestic and global supply sources as needed
- Pro-actively identify potential future sources to be evaluated and qualified
- Create purchase orders and facilitate all changes and expedites
- Reconcile pending invoices and update master file records, as needed
- Take ownership and actively maintain proper order processing, inclusive of DoA, GL accuracy, and data entry
- Participate in strategic sourcing decisions to achieve corporate goals and objectives
- Utilize root cause analysis and preventive action implementation problem-solving techniques
- Maintain clear lines of communication between procurement and manufacturing operations
- Work alongside all departments, including Quality, Logistics, Finance, and Manufacturing to obtain the best pricings, quality, service, and delivery
- Develop and monitor standard costs for raw materials
- Streamline processes, improve raw material cycle times, and oversee supplier managed inventories
- Manage Ad hoc projects and report to support the development and implementation of MRP systems
- Manage the databases associated with the procurement modules
- Maintain the strategic direction of purchased commodities and services
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees, and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs, and better lives to those who work with us.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Buyer position.