LocationMt. Pleasant, SC
Job TitleTechnical Buyer
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Expand your professional portfolio as a Technical Buyer at our client in Trenton, SC. As the Technical Buyer, you will procure production material in development projects. This is a direct-hire opportunity.
- Competitive pay
- Health benefits
- Great hours
- 1st shift
- Opportunity for advancement
- Graduate Degree in Business Administration (preferred)
- Major in Purchasing/Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field
- 2+ years industrial manufacturing in international context and under consideration of international and cross-functional collaboration (preferred)
- 2+ year’s in purchasing of production, technical industry as category buyer (preferred)
- Working knowledge of:
- Procurement methods and concepts
- Project management
- General manufacturing processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to reach and interpret technical drawings
- Sourcing strategies, cost structure analysis and cost optimization experience
- SAP MM and MS-Office experience
- Implement global procurement strategy and cost targets of business division in close collaboration with the categorize
- Optimize production costs of development projects from initial quotation phase till series production start
- Save through target cost management, DtC measures of purchased parts and further procurement activities inside of the product development
- Optimize process costs along the supply chain
- Manage inquiries, evaluation and analysis of offers regarding the purchased parts and commodity groups as well as support the quotation team
- Source and procure purchased parts and tools for First Article Inspections (FAI)
- Negotiate project specific quantities and agreements with suppliers, as well as maintaining specific material master data, requirements, etc.
- Support product development with cost optimal solutions and standardizations
- Prepare and implement Make or Buy Analysis using reference calculations
- Clarify price deviations in series business, development and implementation of corrective measures
- Coordinate strategy and requirements of business division with categories and lead buyer
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs and better lives to those who work with us.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply