Job TitleProcess Engineer
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Expand your professional career as a Process Engineer with Atkore in Chino, CA. As a Process Engineer, you will be responsible for developing systems, methods, and best practices to help move the organization towards operational excellence. You will support the current manufacturing processes and design efficiency, cost-effectiveness, environmental, and safety controls into processes within the plant facilities. This is a direct hire opportunity.
Atkore is forging a future where their employees, customers, suppliers, shareholders, and communities are building better together – a future focused on serving the customer and powering and protecting the world. With a global network of manufacturing and distribution facilities worldwide, their company is a leading provider of electrical, safety, and infrastructure solutions.
- Engineering degree (Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical fields preferred)
- 3+ years of experience in a Process/Manufacturing Engineering industrial environment
- Background and application experience in lean manufacturing techniques
- Strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Bilingual in Spanish (preferred)
- Progressive, hands-on manufacturing engineering experience (preferred)
- Demonstrated proficiency in time and project management
- Ability to support and drive company values and initiatives from a leadership level
- Capacity to drive change and live the Continuous Improvement culture
- Self-starter with a passion for problem solving and continuous improvement
- Ability to work non-traditional hours or shifts, and travel as needed
- Comfort with presentations, especially when presenting professionally to a large group
- Experience in fast-paced, high-volume manufacturing
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability and willingness to embrace and foster an environment that supports Atkore’s core values of Accountability, Teamwork, Integrity, Respect, and Excellence
- Identify process improvement opportunities through connected enterprise data and trend analysis
- Improve the existing manufacturing processes for cost reduction, quality, or efficiency, through planning workflow, applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, equipment layout and materials, and soliciting input from operations, equipment suppliers, and industry experts
- Utilize strong Lean Manufacturing focus to optimize systems, equipment performance, and resources
- Lead the tactical efforts towards the achievement of Strategic Plan objectives
- Conduct data analysis of scrap, downtime, line rates, and material usage
- Prepare charts and reports to assist data driven decisions, reducing utilities consumption, cycle times, scrap, downtime, material usage variance, and direct labor, and improving results
- Utilize a variety of continuous improvement tools such as Lean Manufacturing/Six-Sigma, 5S, Total, Kaizen Events, advanced problem-solving, etc., to reduce process variations, ensuring consistent product quality
- Collaborate with cross functional teams, supporting safety, quality, delivery, cost, and improvement initiatives
- Set-up new equipment, ensure proper operation, assist with standard procedures, and teach others the proper use and maintenance of equipment
- Lead cost reduction initiatives through materials, product, and process improvements
- Recommend all capital equipment acquisitions for transition to automation
- Troubleshoot machine, system, and process failures to provide resolutions
- Mix technical and hands-on approaches to successfully deliver on new projects and improvement initiatives
- Transfer operational knowledge clearly and concisely through well documented training
- Review, document, and communicate technical process details into simple and understandable standards
- Share best practices to help build a centralized knowledge base, including updating processes and procedures upon achieving significant improvements
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees, and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs, and better lives to those who work with us.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of the Process Engineer position.