Field Application Engineer
LocationBerkeley Lake, GA
Job TitleField Application Engineer
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Field Application Engineer
SUMMARY: Jumpstart your career with our client in Duluth, GA, and expand your professional portfolio. As a Field Application Engineer, you will perform field service; remote phone support and system build support as required by position. Complete required documentation in a timely manner. Be the face of company to the customer on site and represent the company in a professional and well organized manner.
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Health Benefits
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Great Hours
- 1st Shift -but must be on call for customer issues 24/7
- Must have the ability to work Overtime and Weekends as needed
- Associates degree or applicable experience
- Familiarity and experience with factory automation and a manufacturing environment
- Electrical and mechanical troubleshooting capabilities
- Knowledge and experience in manufacturing automation components, programmable devices
- Sound understanding of Windows and MSOffice; basic programming knowledge desired
- English as first language with German as a 2nd language (preferred but not required).
- Well organized, able to plan ahead to fulfill tasks and goals
- Communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to communicate with customers from the plant floor level up to mid-level management
- Ability to focus and work under stressful conditions to meet goals
- Willingly accepts responsibility and accountability
- Ingenuity for problem solving
- Ability to Travel 80% regionally and overnight
- Performs site surveys, installations, maintenance, and repairs on vision inspection systems
- Determines site and equipment requirements; outlines interdependencies
- Understands customer goals; identifies consequences of various solutions. Develops installation plan, and escalation plan
- Configures system hardware, software and network components
- Assembles and integrates system/product, and verifies system/product operation
- Uses proactive monitoring procedures to identify problem prevention opportunities
- Provides customer with overview of installation activity, site-specific information and access to appropriate contacts
- Conducts customer training; organizes and presents information to convey major points clearly and persuasively
- Maintains a high level of customer satisfaction by clarifying customer needs and ensuring that they are met
- Handles customer-relations problems promptly and appropriately, escalates issues according to established procedures
- Is available to support 24/7 service plan customers
- Communicates objectives and results relating to installations and/or inspection issues.
- Provides feedback to organization regarding competitive systems
- Where appropriate, conducts applications support to customer to optimize inspection system
Headquartered in Augusta, Georgia and founded in 1973, MAU Workforce Solutions is a multi-faceted business solutions provider offering professional recruiting, commercial staffing, outsourcing, and human resources services. World class companies across the globe utilize our customized workforce solutions in order to gain a competitive advantage.
MAU is a family-oriented organization that has built its foundation upon strong values of dedicated service, loyal relationships and tailored business solutions all of which still remain today.
Disclaimer: All applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
This position does not offer sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply