Job TitleIndustrial Engineer
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Expand your professional career as an Industrial Engineer with Atkore in Harvey, IL. As an Industrial Engineer, you will be responsible for creating and implementing the Labor Management program for the RDC network. This is a direct hire opportunity, requiring travel for up to 50% of job responsibilities.
Atkore is forging a future where their employees, customers, suppliers, shareholders, and communities are building better together – a future focused on serving the customer and powering and protecting the world. With a global network of manufacturing and distribution facilities worldwide, their company is a leading provider of electrical, safety, and infrastructure solutions.
- BS in Industrial Engineering, with a focus in Logistics (preferred)
- Experience in lean manufacturing or business system-based company
- 3+ years of experience creating and implementing task-based Labor Standards based on existing Standard Work
- Experience with Labor Management software, including deployment and support
- Extensive knowledge of Lean and its practical application
- Experience working as an Industrial Engineer in a Distribution Center with both conveyable and non-conveyable product lines
- Ability to travel for up to 50% of required duties
- Oversee the deployment of Labor Management Software and required staff training for the program
- Create engineered labor standards based on standard work and all task elements, providing task-based productivity objectives for all direct labor tasks in the RDC
- Annually review engineered labor standards, updating as needed
- Develop Labor Management reporting framework and deployment
- Utilize JDE and WMS systems, working to continuously improve and enhance the Labor Management Program
- Oversee contractors or Atkore employees on temporary assignment to specific projects, as required
- All other duties as assigned
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees, and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs, and better lives to those who work with us.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Industrial Engineer position.