Job TitleProduct Engineer
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Expand your professional career as a Product Engineer with MAU’s client in Harvey, IL. As a Product Engineer, you will be responsible for actively driving and managing the specification evaluation process of Traffic Products with DOT Engineers. This is a direct hire opportunity.
Our client is forging a future where their employees, customers, suppliers, shareholders, and communities are building better together – a future focused on serving the customer and powering and protecting the world. With a global network of manufacturing and distribution facilities worldwide, their company is a leading provider of electrical, safety, and infrastructure solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or business field of study
- 3+ years of experience in technical sales or working with specifying engineers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional teamwork skills
- Demonstrated success collaborating with cross functional teams
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with customers, communicating with and assessing their needs
- Ability to travel (10%)
- Support BOM creation for new products in the Mechanical and Telespar businesses
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with state and local DOTs and contractors throughout the specification process
- Provide product, service, and/or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests
- Collaborate with codes and application teams to remove regional or local roadblock (code-conversions)
- Identify and join industry organizations
- Support Sales Managers and Representatives with technical data and competitive material cross
- Interface with product management to offer value-added solutions
- Collaborate with a wide variety of functional areas, such as engineering, inside sales, and manufacturing, to develop and provide product definitions responsive to customer needs and market opportunities
- Support or assist in quoting, as needed, generating, delivering, and closing transactional quotes on behalf of Sales Managers and Representatives
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees, and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs, and better lives to those who work with us.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Product Engineer position.