LocationNew Bedford, MA
Job TitleQuality Engineer
Employment TypeDirect Placement
Expand your professional career as a Quality Engineer with Atkore in New Bedford, MA. As a Quality Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring overall compliance to quality requirements and driving systemic quality improvement throughout the plant. This is a direct hire opportunity.
Atkore is forging a future where their employees, customers, suppliers, shareholders, and communities are building better together – a future focused on serving the customer and powering and protecting the world. With a global network of manufacturing and distribution facilities worldwide, their company is a leading provider of electrical, safety, and infrastructure solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must be comfortable around and operating high voltage testing, heavy equipment, and high-speed processing
- Ability to perform internal and process audits to standards and internal documentation, including ISO 9001:2015
- Demonstrated knowledge of dimensional inspection, process control methods, and document control
- Capacity to operate, troubleshoot, and training associates on the use of high voltage test equipment, physical lab testing, and equipment calibration
- Demonstrated ability in Lean Manufacturing, Behavior-Based Quality, Kaizen Events, and problem solving (preferred)
- Actively identify and lead projects and events to continuously improve customer satisfaction and product quality
- Proactively monitor customer satisfaction and drive elimination of customer complaints
- Identify leading indicators that impact lagging metrics
- Champion improvement through Plan-Do-Check-Act methodology
- Validate that processes produce compliant product to all regulatory requirements, including UL and CSA
- Utilize 8D problem solving process and drive look across of actions with other plants to implement best manufacturing practices
- Utilize 7 QC and industry wide quality tools as part of driving "right first time" approach
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Who is MAU?
MAU Workforce Solutions is an innovative global company with extensive experience providing solutions for success in staffing, recruiting, technology and outsourcing to our clients, employees, and applicants. Headquartered in Augusta, GA since 1973, MAU is a family and minority-owned company offering better processes and better people to create efficiencies and greater profits for our clients. Our relationships with world-class companies, our training programs and our culture of family allow MAU to offer better results, better jobs, and better lives to those who work with us.
All Applicants must submit to background check and drug screening.
Disclaimer: This job description not designed to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and safety requirements required of the Quality Engineer position.